I have noticed an issue with the JSON serde path when reviewing some code.
The Json Serde include was from:

add jar s3://elasticmapreduce/samples/hive-ads/libs/jsonserde.jar;

and used a statement like

WITH SERDEPROPERTIES
('paths'='
path1,
path2,
path3')

What we observed was that the second and third paths were added correctly
but the first field is always null.

Is expected behavior?

Thanks,

Damien Allison

--
Imagini Europe Limited | 7 Moor Street, London, W1D 5NB
e: damien.allison@imagini.net | skype: damien.k.allison

Imagini Europe Limited, Company number 5565112 (England and Wales),
Registered address: c/o: Bird & Bird, 90 Fetter Lane, London, EC4A 1EQ

Search Discussions

  • Ning Zhang at Sep 30, 2010 at 5:13 pm
    jsonserde was added by Amazone EMR and has not been open sourced to Apache yet as far as I know. I don't know if EMR folks are on this list, but you have a better chance of getting answers on EMR mailing list or their customer services.

    www.visualdna.com<http://www.visualdna.com/>

    Imagini Europe Limited, Company number 5565112 (England and Wales), Registered address: c/o: Bird & Bird, 90 Fetter Lane, London, EC4A 1EQ
  • Robert Hennig at Sep 30, 2010 at 7:57 pm
    Hi,

    you can also have a look at another JSON SerDe available on google code
    (also with source code available). You can find it at
    http://code.google.com/p/hive-json-serde/

    Regards,

    Robert

[...]

groupuser @