Hi All,

I am running hive ....version 0.5.0 (hive-default.xml: <value>lib/hive-hwi-0.5.0.war</value>)

When I tried to create index I've got the following message:

FAILED: Parse Error: line 1:0 cannot recognize input 'create' in ddl statement

Here is how I've tried to create an index:

create index qid_index on table bit_score_less_55(query_id) as 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.index.compact.CompactIndexHandler';

Here is my table

describe bit_score_less_55 ;

query_id string
subject_id string
percent_ident double
align_len int
mismatches int
gap_openings int
query_start int
query_end int
subject_start int
subject_end int
e_value double
bit_score double
filename string

Any suggestions?

Thanks for help in advance,

Tali

Search Discussions

  • Tali K at Sep 23, 2010 at 9:16 pm
    Hi All,

    I've sent this e-mail yesterday, can , please, sombody help me!!!

[...]

  • John Sichi at Sep 23, 2010 at 9:27 pm
    I've updated the index design doc to add this statement at the top:

    No index support will be available until Hive 0.7.

    If you really want to try it, you need to be building and running trunk.

    JVS

[...]

  • Tali K at Sep 23, 2010 at 10:19 pm
    Do you have any idea when we can expect Hive 0.7 to be released?

    Thanks,
    Tali

[...]

  • John Sichi at Sep 24, 2010 at 1:27 am
    Since we're only just wrapping up the 0.6 release now, it's probably a bit too early to tell. Note that the index feature is still under development, so the support in 0.7 may still not be ready for most end users.

    JVS

    ________________________________
[...]

  • Yongqiang he at Sep 24, 2010 at 5:13 pm
    If you really want to use the index feature, you can just checkout
    hive trunk code (svn co
    http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/hive/trunk hive-trunk), and
    start from there. Hive is mostly at the client side, and is very easy
    for new deployment (even you are using Amazon EC2 and s3).
    Internally in facebook, we just cut the Hive trunk every few weeks and
    deploy the hive trunk. So i personally encourage you to try Hive
    trunk.

    Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2010 21:27:14 +0000

[...]

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop