Hi guys,

I'm a graduate student in University of California, Irvine. We
are working on a tool to help and improve Hive query debugging
experience.

We'd like to understand the Hive query debugging issue in real
production environment. Here is a usage survey for Hive users:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dEtZWTV0Wmd4eWJhbUlmdlRQQXdPR2c6MQ

We invite all you guys to participate this short online survey!
It will only take you approximately 5 minutes, but will greatly help
us understand current status of Hive query debugging issues !!!

Your participation is highly appreciated !!
Many thanks!

Best regards,

Yingyi Bu
http://www.ics.uci.edu/~yingyib

Search Discussions

  • Yongqiang he at Sep 13, 2010 at 1:29 pm
    Hi Yingyi,

    The tool is going to be open source, right? Any documents about it?

    Thanks
    Yongqiang
    I'm a graduate student in University of California, Irvine.  We
    are working on a tool to help and improve Hive query debugging
    experience.

    We'd like to understand the Hive query debugging issue in real
    production environment.  Here is a usage survey for Hive users:
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dEtZWTV0Wmd4eWJhbUlmdlRQQXdPR2c6MQ

    We invite all you guys to participate this short online survey!
    It will only take you approximately 5 minutes, but will greatly help
    us understand current status of Hive query debugging issues !!!

    Your participation is highly appreciated !!
    Many thanks!

    Best regards,

    Yingyi Bu
    http://www.ics.uci.edu/~yingyib
  • Yingyi Bu at Sep 13, 2010 at 5:35 pm
    Hi Yongqiang,

    Currently, we are still developing this tool, and will tune the
    features based on the survey result. Once it is done, we will put that on
    google code.
    Thanks a lot for your help !

[...]

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop