Grokbase Groups Hive user August 2010
Hi all,

I am currently trying to find out what frameworks/software/product will
support data warehousing/data mining the best.

We get around 1.5+ TB of log data every month and we want to do some
reporting on top of that and later on move on to data mining.

I am a total newbie in this world, coming from a RDBMS background and wanted
to get your opinion on what is the best approach to take in this regard.

I looked around the hadoop movement and the corresponding sub projects. I
sent a similar email to mahout user mailing list.

I found Hive as a framework can support and scale for this large data.

So first phase of reporting can be done using hive. But can I reuse the same
data for data mining through the Mahout project?

Can somebody please guide me regarding this?

Thanks for your help.

HDev.

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop