Grokbase Groups Hive user August 2010
Hello guys,

wiki, web site,
source code, javadoc, jira...

Would the community be interested in a patch that replaces the
Google-powered
search with that from search-hadoop.com, set to search only Hive project by
default?

We look into adding this search service for all Hadoop's sub-projects.

Assuming people are for this, any suggestions for how the search should
function by default or any specific instructions for how the search box
should
be modified would be great!

Thank you,
Alex Baranau.

P.S. HBase community already accepted our proposal (please refer to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-2886) and new version (0.90)
will include new search box. Also the patch is available for TIKA (we are in
the process of discussing some details now):
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-488. Hive's site looks much like
Avro's for which we also created patch recently (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-626).

Search Discussions

  • John Sichi at Aug 26, 2010 at 7:22 pm
    +1 from me.

    JVS

    Would the community be interested in a patch that replaces the Google-powered
    search with that from search-hadoop.com<http://search-hadoop.com/>, set to search only Hive project by
    default?

    We look into adding this search service for all Hadoop's sub-projects.

    Assuming people are for this, any suggestions for how the search should
    function by default or any specific instructions for how the search box should
    be modified would be great!

    Thank you,
    Alex Baranau.

    P.S. HBase community already accepted our proposal (please refer to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-2886) and new version (0.90) will include new search box. Also the patch is available for TIKA (we are in the process of discussing some details now): https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-488. Hive's site looks much like Avro's for which we also created patch recently (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-626).
  • Otis Gospodnetic at Aug 27, 2010 at 12:36 am
    I'm a "little" biased, but I'm also +1 on this as a user.

    Otis
    ----

[...]

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop