Grokbase Groups Hive user August 2010
Could anyone give me some suggestion on how to control the privilege of users of hive ? As you know, in production cluster, normally we put all data into the cluster,but actually we don't want every user can use all the data, from hive perspective, we want to limit the users operating only on the tables that they have the corresponding privilege. Does hive provide such functions or any ways to achieve this?
any help would be appreciated!

2010-08-23

shangan

Search Discussions

  • Edward Capriolo at Aug 23, 2010 at 1:58 pm

    Could anyone give me some suggestion on how to control the privilege of
    users of hive ? As you know, in production cluster, normally we put all data
    into the cluster,but actually we don't want every user can use all the data,
    from hive perspective, we want to limit the users operating only on the
    tables that they have the corresponding privilege. Does hive provide such
    functions or any ways to achieve this?
    any help would be appreciated!

    2010-08-23
    ________________________________
    shangan
    We are tracking this here:

    Not an active ticket however.

    One my work with https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-1434 goes
    +1 I am looking to move back to this issue.

    Edward

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop
postedAug 23, '10 at 7:11a