Grokbase Groups Hive user August 2010
Hi, I was searching for materials about permissions and different users
in Hive, but I can't hardly find nothing. I have few questions about
this issue:

1. Permissions and owners of tables are set only on HDFS or in Hive also?

2. How can I use Hive in client mode as a user different than user
hadoop? Client connects to Thrift server on server side, which usually
runs as user hadoop and all operations are done as user hadoop.

3. How can I run Hive on server machine as user different than hadoop?
When I create other user, that even has group hadoop, I get exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Permission denied
at java.io.UnixFileSystem.createFileExclusively(Native Method)
at java.io.File.checkAndCreate(File.java:1704)
at java.io.File.createTempFile(File.java:1792)

even when I change permissions to all Hive log and history directories.

Cheers!,

--
Aleksander Siewierski

groupuser @