Grokbase Groups Hive user July 2010
FAQ
+hive-user

For the last contributor meeting, we had a teleconference setup, but it burned a bit of time on technical difficulties and ended up not even being used. So going forward we will skip this part, but we'll still make sure to publish the slides for any presentations in the meeting summary, as well as videos in cases where we have facilities for recording the presenters.

JVS

Begin forwarded message:

From: Carl Steinbach <carl@cloudera.com
Date: July 20, 2010 6:08:18 PM PDT
To: <hive-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Next Hive Contributors Meeting: August 9th @ Facebook
Reply-To: <hive-dev@hadoop.apache.org

*What*: Hive Contributors Meeting: August 9th @
Facebook<http://www.meetup.com/Hive-Contributors-Group/calendar/14164112/>

*When*: Monday, August 9, 2010 4:00 PM

*Where*: Facebook HQ
1601 South California Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94304

The next Hive Contributors Meeting will occur on August 9th from 4-6pm at
Facebook's offices in Palo Alto.

You must RSVP if you plan to attend this event.

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com/Hive-Contributors-Group/calendar/14164112/

Search Discussions

  • Edward Capriolo at Jul 21, 2010 at 8:49 pm
    Hey,

    Sorry that I suggested/asked for the teleconference and then
    shamefully missed it. I would ask you to reconsider, hopefully we can
    work out the kinks, or do you have some summer interns floating around
    that can handle it :)

    Edward




    On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 3:24 PM, John Sichi wrote:
    +hive-user

    For the last contributor meeting, we had a teleconference setup, but it
    burned a bit of time on technical difficulties and ended up not even being
    used.  So going forward we will skip this part, but we'll still make sure to
    publish the slides for any presentations in the meeting summary, as well as
    videos in cases where we have facilities for recording the presenters.
    JVS
    Begin forwarded message:

    From: Carl Steinbach <carl@cloudera.com>
    Date: July 20, 2010 6:08:18 PM PDT
    To: <hive-dev@hadoop.apache.org>
    Subject: Next Hive Contributors Meeting: August 9th @ Facebook
    Reply-To: <hive-dev@hadoop.apache.org>

    *What*: Hive Contributors Meeting: August 9th @
    Facebook<http://www.meetup.com/Hive-Contributors-Group/calendar/14164112/>

    *When*: Monday, August 9, 2010 4:00 PM

    *Where*: Facebook HQ
    1601 South California Avenue
    Palo Alto, CA 94304

    The next Hive Contributors Meeting will occur on August 9th from 4-6pm at
    Facebook's offices in Palo Alto.

    You must RSVP if you plan to attend this event.

    RSVP to this Meetup:
    http://www.meetup.com/Hive-Contributors-Group/calendar/14164112/
  • John Sichi at Jul 21, 2010 at 10:29 pm
    Hi Ed,

    To keep the meetup format lightweight, we'll go without the teleconference, but if you'd like, I can separately set up a periodic conf call for committers outside the Bay Area to give you a chance to ask questions and air any concerns. How does that sound?

    JVS
    On Jul 21, 2010, at 1:48 PM, Edward Capriolo wrote:

    Hey,

    Sorry that I suggested/asked for the teleconference and then
    shamefully missed it. I would ask you to reconsider, hopefully we can
    work out the kinks, or do you have some summer interns floating around
    that can handle it :)

    Edward




    On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 3:24 PM, John Sichi wrote:
    +hive-user

    For the last contributor meeting, we had a teleconference setup, but it
    burned a bit of time on technical difficulties and ended up not even being
    used. So going forward we will skip this part, but we'll still make sure to
    publish the slides for any presentations in the meeting summary, as well as
    videos in cases where we have facilities for recording the presenters.
    JVS
    Begin forwarded message:

    From: Carl Steinbach <carl@cloudera.com>
    Date: July 20, 2010 6:08:18 PM PDT
    To: <hive-dev@hadoop.apache.org>
    Subject: Next Hive Contributors Meeting: August 9th @ Facebook
    Reply-To: <hive-dev@hadoop.apache.org>

    *What*: Hive Contributors Meeting: August 9th @
    Facebook<http://www.meetup.com/Hive-Contributors-Group/calendar/14164112/>

    *When*: Monday, August 9, 2010 4:00 PM

    *Where*: Facebook HQ
    1601 South California Avenue
    Palo Alto, CA 94304

    The next Hive Contributors Meeting will occur on August 9th from 4-6pm at
    Facebook's offices in Palo Alto.

    You must RSVP if you plan to attend this event.

    RSVP to this Meetup:
    http://www.meetup.com/Hive-Contributors-Group/calendar/14164112/
  • Edward Capriolo at Jul 26, 2010 at 3:39 pm

    On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 6:29 PM, John Sichi wrote:
    Hi Ed,

    To keep the meetup format lightweight, we'll go without the teleconference, but if you'd like, I can separately set up a periodic conf call for committers outside the Bay Area to give you a chance to ask questions and air any concerns.  How does that sound?

    JVS
    On Jul 21, 2010, at 1:48 PM, Edward Capriolo wrote:

    Hey,

    Sorry that I suggested/asked for the teleconference and then
    shamefully missed it.  I would ask you to reconsider, hopefully we can
    work out the kinks, or do you have some summer interns floating around
    that can handle it :)

    Edward




    On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 3:24 PM, John Sichi wrote:
    +hive-user

    For the last contributor meeting, we had a teleconference setup, but it
    burned a bit of time on technical difficulties and ended up not even being
    used.  So going forward we will skip this part, but we'll still make sure to
    publish the slides for any presentations in the meeting summary, as well as
    videos in cases where we have facilities for recording the presenters.
    JVS
    Begin forwarded message:

    From: Carl Steinbach <carl@cloudera.com>
    Date: July 20, 2010 6:08:18 PM PDT
    To: <hive-dev@hadoop.apache.org>
    Subject: Next Hive Contributors Meeting: August 9th @ Facebook
    Reply-To: <hive-dev@hadoop.apache.org>

    *What*: Hive Contributors Meeting: August 9th @
    Facebook<http://www.meetup.com/Hive-Contributors-Group/calendar/14164112/>

    *When*: Monday, August 9, 2010 4:00 PM

    *Where*: Facebook HQ
    1601 South California Avenue
    Palo Alto, CA 94304

    The next Hive Contributors Meeting will occur on August 9th from 4-6pm at
    Facebook's offices in Palo Alto.

    You must RSVP if you plan to attend this event.

    RSVP to this Meetup:
    http://www.meetup.com/Hive-Contributors-Group/calendar/14164112/
    That would be nice. As a suggestion/reminder we do have ##hive on
    freenode, We seem to be under-represented there. I think we could get
    good synergy and move processes along quicker over irc.
  • John Sichi at Jul 27, 2010 at 8:31 pm
    On Jul 26, 2010, at 8:38 AM, Edward Capriolo wrote:

    That would be nice. As a suggestion/reminder we do have ##hive on
    freenode, We seem to be under-represented there. I think we could get
    good synergy and move processes along quicker over irc.

    Good point. I've added it to my auto-join list for when I'm in IRC.

    JVS

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop
postedJul 21, '10 at 7:27p
activeJul 27, '10 at 8:31p
posts5
users2
websitehive.apache.org

2 users in discussion

John Sichi: 3 posts Edward Capriolo: 2 posts

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2021 Grokbase