Grokbase Groups Hive user March 2010
Forwarding on behalf of Isabel Drost. The conference Berlin Buzzwords is looking for someone to present on Hive. Contact her on isabel@apache.org if you are interested.
On 11.03.2010 Isabel Drost wrote:
Call for Presentations Berlin Buzzwords
http://berlinbuzzwords.de
Berlin Buzzwords 2010 - Search, Store, Scale
7/8 June 2010

This is to announce the Berlin Buzzwords 2010. The first conference on
scalable and open search, data processing and data storage in Germany,
taking place in Berlin.

The event will comprise presentations on scalable data processing. We
invite you to submit talks on the topics:

Information retrieval / Search - Lucene, Solr, katta or comparable
solutions NoSQL - like CouchDB, MongoDB, Jackrabbit, HBase and others
Hadoop - Hadoop itself, MapReduce, Cascading or Pig and relatives

Closely related topics not explicitly listed above are welcome. We are
looking for presentations on the implementation of the systems themselves,
real world applications and case studies.

Important Dates (all dates in GMT +2):

Submission deadline: April 17th 2010, 23:59
Notification of accepted speakers: May 1st, 2010.
Publication of final schedule: May 9th, 2010.
Conference: June 7/8. 2010.

High quality, technical submissions are called for, ranging from principles
to practice. We are looking for real world use cases, background on the
architecture of specific projects and a deep dive into architectures built
on top of e.g. Hadoop clusters.

Proposals should be submitted at http://berlinbuzzwords.de/content/cfp no
later than April 17th, 2010. Acceptance notifications will be sent out on
May 1st. Please include your name, bio and email, the title of the talk, a
brief abstract in English language. Please indicate whether you want to
give a short (30min) or long (45min) presentation and indicate the level
of experience with the topic your audience should have (e.g. whether your
talk will be suitable for newbies or is targeted for experienced users.)

The presentation format is short: either 30 or 45 minutes including
questions. We will be enforcing the schedule rigorously.

If you are interested in sponsoring the event (e.g. we would be happy to
provide videos after the event, free drinks for attendees as well as an
after-show party), please contact us.

Follow @hadoopberlin on Twitter for updates. News on the conference will be
published on our website at http://berlinbuzzwords.de

Program Chairs: Isabel Drost, Jan Lehnardt, and Simon Willnauer.

Schedule and further updates on the event will be published on
http://berlinbuzzwords.de Please re-distribute this CfP to people who might
be interested.

Contact us at:
newthinking communications GmbH