Grokbase Groups Hive user March 2010
Hi Guys,

I am on Hive 0.5.0 to create an external tablea base on a SequenceFile and
Map File
These files are in hadoop dfs 18.
The keys and values are based on custom class.

I am not able to incorporate those in create table syntax

create EXTERNAL TABLE saved_seen (key.field <object type> , key.field2
<object type>, value.field1 <object type> ) stored as SEQUENCEFILE LOCATION
'<location>'

what should be object type ?

Thanks,
-Sagar

Search Discussions

  • Zheng Shao at Mar 22, 2010 at 7:40 pm
    Hi Sagar,

    For custom key/value types, Hive needs a special SerDe for that.

    Please take a look at the ThriftSerDe class in contrib directory.

    Zheng

    --
    Yours,
    Zheng