Hi ,

When starting the hive I am getting an error even after I am including in class path, attached is the hadoop-env I am using.

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/hadoop/hive/conf/HiveConf
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.hive.conf.HiveConf
... 3 more

Regards
Vidyasagar N V

________________________________
DISCLAIMER: The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error. Further, this e-mail may contain viruses and all reasonable precaution to minimize the risk arising there from is taken by OnMobile. OnMobile is not liable for any damage sustained by you as a result of any virus in this e-mail. All applicable virus checks should be carried out by you before opening this e-mail or any attachment thereto.
Thank you - OnMobile Global Limited.

Search Discussions

  • Yi Mao at Feb 17, 2010 at 5:58 pm
    I think you also need hive/conf in the classpath.

    ------------------------------
    DISCLAIMER: The information in this message is confidential and may be
    legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this
    message by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended
    recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any
    action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be
    unlawful. Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this
    message in error. Further, this e-mail may contain viruses and all
    reasonable precaution to minimize the risk arising there from is taken by
    OnMobile. OnMobile is not liable for any damage sustained by you as a result
    of any virus in this e-mail. All applicable virus checks should be carried
    out by you before opening this e-mail or any attachment thereto.
    Thank you - OnMobile Global Limited.
  • Vidyasagar Venkata Nallapati at Feb 19, 2010 at 5:21 am
    Hi,

    I have kept the hive/conf in the HADOOP_CLASSPATH
    Also I have verified that there are no hive jars in the hadoop directory and also added the

    <property>
    <name>hadoop.bin.path</name>
    <value>/usr/bin/hadoop</value>
    <!-- note that the hive shell script also uses this property name -->
    <description>Path to hadoop binary. Assumes that by default we are executing from hive</description>
    </property>

    But am still getting the same error if a run on multi node cluster, its working in a single node setup.

    Regards
    Vidyasagar N V

[...]

  • Zheng Shao at Feb 19, 2010 at 5:34 am
    The stacktrace that you showed is from the hive cli right?
    Did you define HADOOP_CLASSPATH somewhere?

    Hive modifies HADOOP_CLASSPATH so it's important to modify it by
    "export HADOOP_CLASSPATH=$HADOOP_CLASSPATH:/my/new/path" instead of
    directly overwriting it.

    Zheng

    On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 9:22 PM, Vidyasagar Venkata Nallapati

    --
    Yours,
    Zheng

    Zheng

[...]