Hey guys,

Is it possible to concurrently load data into Hive tables (same table,
different partition)? I'd like to concurrently execute the LOAD DATA command
by two separate processes.

Is Hive thread-safe in this regard? Or is it best to run the LOAD DATA
commands serially? How about running two Hive queries concurrently that both
output their results into different partitions of another Hive table?

Thanks!

Ryan

Search Discussions

  • Zheng Shao at Feb 4, 2010 at 5:42 pm
    We can load data/insert overwrite data concurrently as long as they
    are different partitions.

    --
    Yours,
    Zheng

    We can load data/insert overwrite data concurrently as long as they
    are different partitions.
    Is it possible to concurrently load data into Hive tables (same table,
    different partition)? I'd like to concurrently execute the LOAD DATA command
    by two separate processes.

    Is Hive thread-safe in this regard? Or is it best to run the LOAD DATA
    commands serially? How about running two Hive queries concurrently that both
    output their results into different partitions of another Hive table?

    Thanks!

    Ryan

    --
    Yours,
    Zheng

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop
postedFeb 4, '10 at 2:52p
activeFeb 4, '10 at 5:44p
websitehive.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Ryan LeCompte: 2 posts Zheng Shao: 1 post