Since apache was granted a clover license I was looking to add a
clover target to hive. I know recently there was a jira issue on
running ant tests in parallel. I have a modest core II due laptop that
takes quite a while on the test target. Does the trunk currently by
default run test in parallel, if not how can I enable this? Also what
are people out there using to run the test target hardware wise, and
how long does ant test take?

Thanks,
Edward

Search Discussions

  • Zheng Shao at Jan 8, 2010 at 11:09 am
    Unfortunately the trunk does not run tests in parallel yet.
    The majority of the time is spent in TestCliDriver which contains over
    200 .q files.
    We will need to separate the working directories and metastore
    directories to make these .q files run in parallel.

    Zheng