Hi everyone,
I am writing a java program to create a Query Editor to a
execute query through hive. I am using hive-jdbc driver for database
connection and query execution, but I am facing a problem regarding
java.sql.Statement class. When I am using setFetchSize() of Statement
class, it is giving "java.sql.SQLException: Method not supported"
exception. I have to implement paging in user interface ,I can't show all
the data to the user in a single page. Also java.sql.Statement class is not
supporting scrollable Result Set.
Can someone help me to solve this problem, so that I can
implement paging in user interface.

Thanking You
Mohan Agarwal

Search Discussions

  • Bill Graham at Oct 26, 2009 at 8:05 pm
    Not all methods in the JDBC spec are implemented, as your noticing.
    Statement.setMaxRows(int) is implemented though, so maybe that would work
    for your needs. Or you could just specify a limit in your sql.

    Bill
    I am writing a java program to create a Query Editor to a
    execute query through hive. I am using hive-jdbc driver for database
    connection and query execution, but I am facing a problem regarding
    java.sql.Statement class. When I am using setFetchSize() of Statement
    class, it is giving "java.sql.SQLException: Method not supported"
    exception. I have to implement paging in user interface ,I can't show all
    the data to the user in a single page. Also java.sql.Statement class is not
    supporting scrollable Result Set.
    Can someone help me to solve this problem, so that I can
    implement paging in user interface.

    Thanking You
    Mohan Agarwal

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop
postedOct 26, '09 at 1:22p
activeOct 26, '09 at 8:05p
websitehive.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Bill Graham: 1 post Mohan Agarwal: 1 post