I have a scenario where in a query, I need to split up a single row and
output 3 different rows. Is this supported by Hive, and if yes, can someone
point me to the syntax?

Thanks
Sudipto

PhD Candidate
CS @ UCSB
Santa Barbara, CA 93106, USA
http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~sudipto

Search Discussions

  • Raghu Murthy at Sep 11, 2009 at 6:17 pm
    You will need to write a custom mapper script using a TRANSFORM clause. See
    http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/LanguageManual/Transform

    I have a scenario where in a query, I need to split up a single row and output
    3 different rows. Is this supported by Hive, and if yes, can someone point me
    to the syntax?

    Thanks
    Sudipto

    PhD Candidate
    CS @ UCSB
    Santa Barbara, CA 93106, USA
    http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~sudipto
  • Sudipto Das at Sep 11, 2009 at 6:41 pm
    Thanks... I'll look into it and get back if I have any more questions.

    PhD Candidate
    CS @ UCSB
    Santa Barbara, CA 93106, USA
    http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~sudipto

    You will need to write a custom mapper script using a TRANSFORM clause. See
    http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/LanguageManual/Transform

    I have a scenario where in a query, I need to split up a single row and output
    3 different rows. Is this supported by Hive, and if yes, can someone point me
    to the syntax?

    Thanks
    Sudipto

    PhD Candidate