Hi all,
Currently, debugging a streaming written in other languages like python is
very difficult for us. We ofen come up against such problems, we passed
running python scripts in local mode, but failed when as streaming scripts
in hive. How can I locate bugs we made?

Thanks,
Min
bytecode based virtual machine.

My profile:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/coderplay
My blog:
http://coderplay.javaeye.com

Search Discussions

  • Zheng Shao at Sep 7, 2009 at 7:20 pm
    We can do a "try except" in the loop that process data line by line, to
    print out the stack trace in python, as well as the line of data that caused
    the problem.

    Zheng

    --
    Yours,
    Zheng

    Can you give a example, I can't catch your meaning.

    Thanks,
    Min
[...]

  • Zheng Shao at Sep 17, 2009 at 6:07 pm
    When Python script fails, you should be able to see the stderr messages on
    the task log page on JobTracker.

    http://diveintopython.org/file_handling/index.html will show you how to
    print out the stack trace.

[...]

groupuser @