Grokbase Groups Hive user August 2009
I just upgraded hive by taking the latest trunk and building it and installing it in the same path as before.
But after the upgrade, "show tables;" returns nothing...?

Did I miss some step? I assumed that ~/metastore_db has all the meta information and it remains safe on
future installation/upgrades.

-Vinay

Search Discussions

  • Raghu Murthy at Aug 26, 2009 at 12:25 am
    Try specifying the full path to your metastore_db directory in hive-site.xml
    (or hive-default.xml if you don't have hive-site.xml).

    I just upgraded hive by taking the latest trunk and building it and
    installing it in the same path as before.
    But after the upgrade, "show tables;" returns nothing...?

    Did I miss some step? I assumed that ~/metastore_db has all the meta
    information and it remains safe on
    future installation/upgrades.

    -Vinay

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop
postedAug 26, '09 at 12:19a
activeAug 26, '09 at 12:25a
websitehive.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Raghu Murthy: 1 post Vinay gupta: 1 post