Grokbase Groups Hive user June 2009
Some progress on getting JDBC to work with Hive using MySQL.

The problem was:
[java] 09/06/02 08:31:33 INFO metastore.ObjectStore: jpox.properties not
found.
The jpox default for NontransactionalRead is false.
Therefore: the property NontransactionalRead=true is never used.
I placed the jpox.properties files in the directory from which I was
running the code and the system found it.

The code is using:

private static final String JPOX_CONFIG = "jpox.properties";
URL url= classLoader.getResource(JPOX_CONFIG);

I placed the jpox.properties file originally in the ./lib directory which
is in the CLASSPATH but,
oddly ClassLoader did not find the resource.

groupuser @
categorieshive, hadoop
postedJun 2, '09 at 3:20p
activeJun 2, '09 at 3:20p