Grokbase Groups Hive user March 2009
Hi list,
I set a peroperty in hive-site.xml to configure the classpath of my udf.
<property>
<name>hive.aux.jars.path</name>
<value>/home/hadoop/hdpsoft/hive-auxs/zhoumin.jar</value>
</property>

but failed to register it with a ClassNotFoundException when creating udf
through the sql command
CREATE TEMPORARY FUNCTION strlen AS
'com.taobao.hadoop.hive.udf.UdfStringLength'

The ExecDriver' s addToClassPath(String[] newPaths) method is the only entry
ClassLoader dynamically add its classhpaths (besides hadoop's
GenericOptionsParser).
But that function wasnot called before FunctionTask getting my udf class by
class name. I think this is the reason why I came across that failure.

Any solutions about above?

Thanks,
Min
bytecode based virtual machine.