The Apache Hive team is pleased to announce the release of Hive 0.7.1.
Apache Hive is a data warehouse system for Hadoop that facilitates easy data
summarization, ad-hoc querying, and analysis of large datasets stored in
Hadoop compatible file systems
Hive 0.7.1 is available in both binary and source distributions:
Release Notes - Hive - Version 0.7.1
* [HIVE-2054] - Exception on windows when using the jdbc driver.
"IOException: The system cannot find the path specified"
* [HIVE-2176] - Schema creation scripts are incomplete since they leave
out tables that are specific to DataNucleus
* [HIVE-1731] - Improve miscellaneous error messages
* [HIVE-2140] - Return correct Major / Minor version numbers for
JDBC Hive Driver
* [HIVE-2158] - Add the HivePreparedStatement implementation based
on current HIVE supported data-type
* [HIVE-1095] - Hive in Maven
* [HIVE-2076] - Provide Metastore upgrade scripts and default schemas