Grokbase Groups Hive dev April 2011

The April Hive Contributors meeting is convening later today at Facebook.
See the Meetup page for more details:
http://www.meetup.com/Hive-Contributors-Group/

Here's the preliminary agenda for the meeting:

1) Should we do an 0.7.1 release?
2) Scheduling the 0.8.0 release.
3) Improving the testing situation.
4) Plan out agenda for Hive Contributor Day at Yahoo on June 30
5) Status update on HCatalog
6) Looking for volunteers for improving code quality/maintainability (e.g.
checkstyle enforcement)
7) Suggestions for candidate projects for FB summer interns on Hive

Please email me if you want to add any additional items to the list.

Thanks.

Carl

Search Discussions

  • Edward Capriolo at Apr 25, 2011 at 6:48 pm

    The April Hive Contributors meeting is convening later today at Facebook.
    See the Meetup page for more details:
    http://www.meetup.com/Hive-Contributors-Group/

    Here's the preliminary agenda for the meeting:

    1) Should we do an 0.7.1 release?
    2) Scheduling the 0.8.0 release.
    3) Improving the testing situation.
    4) Plan out agenda for Hive Contributor Day at Yahoo on June 30
    5) Status update on HCatalog
    6) Looking for volunteers for improving code quality/maintainability (e.g.
    checkstyle enforcement)
    7) Suggestions for candidate projects for FB summer interns on Hive

    Please email me if you want to add any additional items to the list.

    Thanks.

    Carl
    Sorry I will not be able to attend. As for #3. Once we complete the
    ticket for hive in maven, I have a tool called hive_unit which can
    launch a micro hive cluster inside a unit test and verifies the result
    rows (does not verify the parsing, planning etc like the current CLI
    does).

    Edward
  • Amareshwari Sri Ramadasu at Apr 26, 2011 at 5:38 am
    Sorry. I won't be able to attend.
    But, I would like to have HIVE-1095 : Hive in Maven in 0.7.1

    Thanks
    Amareshwari

    The April Hive Contributors meeting is convening later today at Facebook.
    See the Meetup page for more details:
    http://www.meetup.com/Hive-Contributors-Group/

    Here's the preliminary agenda for the meeting:

    1) Should we do an 0.7.1 release?
    2) Scheduling the 0.8.0 release.
    3) Improving the testing situation.
    4) Plan out agenda for Hive Contributor Day at Yahoo on June 30
    5) Status update on HCatalog
    6) Looking for volunteers for improving code quality/maintainability (e.g.
    checkstyle enforcement)
    7) Suggestions for candidate projects for FB summer interns on Hive

    Please email me if you want to add any additional items to the list.

    Thanks.

    Carl
  • Carl Steinbach at Apr 26, 2011 at 5:40 am
    Hi Amareshwari,

    We discussed 1095 at the meeting and agreed that it would be a good ticket
    to include in 0.7.1. I'll try to get the updated patch posted sometime in
    the next couple of days.

    Thanks.

    Carl
    But, I would like to have HIVE-1095 : Hive in Maven in 0.7.1

    Thanks
    Amareshwari

    The April Hive Contributors meeting is convening later today at Facebook.
    See the Meetup page for more details:
    http://www.meetup.com/Hive-Contributors-Group/

    Here's the preliminary agenda for the meeting:

    1) Should we do an 0.7.1 release?
    2) Scheduling the 0.8.0 release.
    3) Improving the testing situation.
    4) Plan out agenda for Hive Contributor Day at Yahoo on June 30
    5) Status update on HCatalog
    6) Looking for volunteers for improving code quality/maintainability (e.g.
    checkstyle enforcement)
    7) Suggestions for candidate projects for FB summer interns on Hive

    Please email me if you want to add any additional items to the list.

    Thanks.

    Carl
  • John Sichi at Apr 27, 2011 at 12:28 am
    We had a good meetup yesterday, with a lot of discussion topics; here are my notes:

    http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/Development/ContributorsMeetings/HiveContributorsMinutes110425

    JVS

groupdev @
categorieshive, hadoop