We are planning on implementing a bitmap index handler to complement
the existing compact index handler. Here
[http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/IndexDev/Bitmap] is a design
document proposal for a simple bitmap index implementation, and we've
created a ticket for it (HIVE-1803). We would love any feedback or
suggestions regarding the design proposal before we start.

Thanks,
Marquis Wang

------------------------------
Marquis Wang
Harvey Mudd College
Facebook 2010-2011 Clinic Team

Search Discussions

  • Ted Yu at Nov 21, 2010 at 5:08 am
    https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12460083/bitmap_index_1.pngand
    https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12460083/bitmap_index_2.pngseem
    to be the same.

    We are planning on implementing a bitmap index handler to complement
    the existing compact index handler. Here
    [http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/IndexDev/Bitmap] is a design
    document proposal for a simple bitmap index implementation, and we've
    created a ticket for it (HIVE-1803). We would love any feedback or
    suggestions regarding the design proposal before we start.

    Thanks,
    Marquis Wang

    ------------------------------
    Marquis Wang