Hi all,

We are going to hold the second Hive User Group Meeting at 7PM on
3/18/2010 Thursday.

The agenda will be:

* Hive Tutorial: 20 min
* Hive User Case Study: 20 min
* New Features and API: 25 min
JDBC/ODBC and CTAS
UDF/UDAF/UDTF
Create View/HBaseInputFormat
Hive Join Strategy
SerDe

The audience is beginner to intermediate Hive users/developers.

*** The details are here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=319237846974 ***
*** Please RSVP so we can schedule logistics accordingly. ***

--
Yours,
Zheng

Search Discussions

  • Zheng Shao at Mar 1, 2010 at 7:58 pm
    We also created a Meetup group in case you prefer to register on meetup.com

    http://www.meetup.com/Hive-User-Group-Meeting/calendar/12741356/

    We are hosting a Hive User Group Meeting, open to all current and
    potential hadoop/hive users.

    Agenda:
    * Hive Tutorial (Carl Steinbach, cloudera): 20 min
    * Hive User Case Study (Eva Tse, netflix): 20 min
    * New Features and API (Hive team, Facebook): 25 min
    JDBC/ODBC and CTAS(Create Table As Select)
    UDF/UDAF/UDTF (User-defined Functions)
    Create View/HBaseInputFormat (Hive and HBase integration)
    Hive Join Strategy (How Hive does the join)
    SerDe (Hive's serialization/deserialization framework)

    Hive is a scalable data warehouse infrastructure built on top of
    Hadoop. It provides tools to enable easy data ETL, a mechanism to put
    structures on the data, and the capability to querying and analysis of
    large data sets stored in Hadoop files. Hive defines a simple SQL-like
    query language, called HiveQL, that enables users familiar with SQL to
    query the data. At the same time, this language also allows
    programmers who are familiar with MapReduce to be able to plug in
    their custom mappers and reducers to perform more sophisticated
    analysis.

    The current largest deployment of Hive is the silver cluster at
    Facebook, which consists of 1100 nodes with 8 CPU-cores and 12
    1TB-disk each. The total capacity is 8800 CPU-cores with 13 PB of raw
    storage space. More than 4 TB of compressed data (20+ TB uncompressed)
    are loaded into Hive every day.

    If you'd like to network with fellow Hive/Hadoop users online, feel
    free to find them here:
[...]

  • Zheng Shao at Mar 15, 2010 at 9:00 pm
    Just a reminder that we have Hive User Group Meeting this Thursday at Facebook.

    Please register on
    http://www.meetup.com/Hive-User-Group-Meeting/calendar/12741356/ if
    you plan to come.

    Zheng