Hey all,

I have a small cluster of HBase, Hadoop HDFS, Zookeeper that is being
deployed on the same nodes (kind of a common best practice for small
clusters).
Everything is quite straight forward and works fine.

I am wondering how can I efficiently predict the right time to add another
node from the HBase performance (read/write) perspective ?
Is there any suggested amount of regions per region server I should follow?
number of requests per region service? any other "load" parameters?

So as long as the data keeps increasing, I guess performance will be
decreasing.
moreover. I find it hard to answer the question of "when should I add
another Hbase node?" because performance decrease can be caused by other
reasons
like "hots pots" for example, which demand a special care what not another
node.

Suggestions?

Thank you all!!

--
*
Ronen Itkin*

Search Discussions

  • Doug Meil at Jan 10, 2012 at 2:58 pm
    Hi there-

    You probably want to see the Hbase Book/RefGuide and the Performance and
    Operational Mgt chapters. Capture and track metrics in tools like
    OpenTSDB, for example.

    http://hbase.apache.org/book.html

[...]

groupuser @
categorieshbase, hadoop