Grokbase Groups HBase user July 2011
hi,all
I set up one hbase cluster on 8 nodes successfully.Each node has a
RegionServer on it.
For some reason,i need set up another hbase cluster on the same 8 nodes.
But when a start up hbase,and run 'status' on hbase shell, something
strange happened!!!
The new hbase cluster claim that,it has 16 RegionServer,that means the
First Cluster's RegionServer is under Second Cluster.

Can Mulitple Cluster be deployed on the same Nodes?

I use Hbase-0.90.3 and ZK is managed by Hbase.

Search Discussions

  • Hmchiud at Jul 25, 2011 at 11:06 am
    Hi,

    Does anyone use HBQL?
    I found ZooKeeper client connection info every time while executing
    stmt.executeQuery.
    HResultSet<HRecord> results = stmt.executeQuery(query);
    I think once the connection setups up that can be used repeatedly.
    Any suggestion would be appreciated?
    Thank you very much.

    Fleming Chiu(邱宏明)
    Ext: 707-2260
    Be Veg, Go Green, Save the Planet!
    TSMC PROPERTY
    for the sole use of its
    other than the intended
    recipient is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
    please notify the sender by
    immediately. Thank you.
  • Buttler, David at Jul 25, 2011 at 4:03 pm
    I believe that it is possible but you need to modify the config to point at different ports / directories for each component. To make sure that you get all of the ports/directories, you will have to go through the hbase-default.xml file and copy each variable that defines a port or directory into your hbase-site.xml file. Each cluster is going to have a separate hbase-site.xml.

    Some of the config variables to look for:
    Hbase home: the HDFS location of hbase (default is /hbase)
    Hbase port: default is 60000 (also look for 60010 and 60030 as those are also used)

    If you don't want to share zookeeper, you would have to also update all of the zookeeper directories and ports. However, you should be able to share zookeeper as long as you update the zookeeper path that hbase uses (usually /hbase)

    Good luck,
    Dave

    I set up one hbase cluster on 8 nodes successfully.Each node has a
    RegionServer on it.
    For some reason,i need set up another hbase cluster on the same 8 nodes.
    But when a start up hbase,and run 'status' on hbase shell, something
    strange happened!!!
    The new hbase cluster claim that,it has 16 RegionServer,that means the
    First Cluster's RegionServer is under Second Cluster.

    Can Mulitple Cluster be deployed on the same Nodes?

    I use Hbase-0.90.3 and ZK is managed by Hbase.
  • Michel Segel at Jul 25, 2011 at 4:55 pm
    The short answer is no. It's also not a good idea to even try this.
    The longer answer is to look at using vmware to split the nodes into two virtual machines...
    And even then it's not a good idea.

    Mike Segel
    I set up one hbase cluster on 8 nodes successfully.Each node has a
    RegionServer on it.
    For some reason,i need set up another hbase cluster on the same 8 nodes.
    But when a start up hbase,and run 'status' on hbase shell, something
    strange happened!!!
    The new hbase cluster claim that,it has 16 RegionServer,that means the
    First Cluster's RegionServer is under Second Cluster.

    Can Mulitple Cluster be deployed on the same Nodes?

    I use Hbase-0.90.3 and ZK is managed by Hbase.

groupuser @
categorieshbase, hadoop
postedJul 25, '11 at 9:17a
activeJul 25, '11 at 4:55p