Grokbase Groups HBase user July 2011
Hello,

I created a table named 'score', and I issue put command twice:

put 'score','tom','course:math','1.2'
put 'score','tom','course:math','1.3'

Now the cell has two data versions, I want to read these two versions, so I
issue a command,

get 'score', 'tom', {COLUMN=>'course:math',VERSION=>2}

But I can only get the newest data version 1.3, if I also want to see the
previous value, how can I do this?

By the way, I didn't change the version value when I created the table.

Thanks

Yong

Search Discussions

  • Ted Yu at Jul 20, 2011 at 2:34 pm
    If you look at help of get command, you would see:
    hbase> get 't1', 'r1', {COLUMN => 'c1', TIMERANGE => [ts1, ts2], VERSIONS
    => 4}
    I created a table named 'score', and I issue put command twice:

    put 'score','tom','course:math','1.2'
    put 'score','tom','course:math','1.3'

    Now the cell has two data versions, I want to read these two versions, so I
    issue a command,

    get 'score', 'tom', {COLUMN=>'course:math',VERSION=>2}

    But I can only get the newest data version 1.3, if I also want to see the
    previous value, how can I do this?

    By the way, I didn't change the version value when I created the table.

    Thanks

    Yong
  • 勇胡 at Jul 20, 2011 at 2:47 pm
    Thanks for your response. I just found the information from mailing archive.
    It is as follows:
    "In the shell you can ask for more versions by saying: get 'table', 'row',
    {COLUMN => 'family', VERSIONS => 4}". By the way, my hbase version is
    0.90.2, I used help 'get' to see the examples and I didn't see this
    information. Maybe I have to update my hbase.

    If you look at help of get command, you would see:
    hbase> get 't1', 'r1', {COLUMN => 'c1', TIMERANGE => [ts1, ts2], VERSIONS
    => 4}
    I created a table named 'score', and I issue put command twice:

    put 'score','tom','course:math','1.2'
    put 'score','tom','course:math','1.3'

    Now the cell has two data versions, I want to read these two versions, so I
    issue a command,

    get 'score', 'tom', {COLUMN=>'course:math',VERSION=>2}

    But I can only get the newest data version 1.3, if I also want to see the
    previous value, how can I do this?

    By the way, I didn't change the version value when I created the table.

    Thanks

    Yong
  • Stack at Jul 20, 2011 at 3:16 pm