The mapred version of TableMapReduceUtil does not seem to support the use of a Scan object.

Is there any way around this?

Search Discussions

  • Stack at Jun 27, 2011 at 8:39 pm
    Can you MTOF to the mapreduce package? See how in hbase, we have a
    hadoopbackport sub-package under mapreduce into which some classes
    from the mapred were ported.

    St.Ack

    On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Chan, Tim wrote:
    I would like to use MultipleTextOutputFormat, which is only available with the old Hadoop API (mapred).
    The mapred version of TableMapReduceUtil does not seem to support the use of a Scan object.

    Is there any way around this?
  • Chan, Tim at Jun 27, 2011 at 8:47 pm
    I do not understand what MTOF stands for.

    I'm not interested in using the new mapreduce API, I would like to use the old mapred API, but with the ability to pass in Scan to the TableMapReduceUtil.

    From: saint.ack@gmail.com [saint.ack@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Stack [stack@duboce.net]
    Sent: Monday, June 27, 2011 1:39 PM
    To: user@hbase.apache.org
    Subject: Re: How can I use Scan with mapred version of TableMapReduceUtil?

    Can you MTOF to the mapreduce package? See how in hbase, we have a
    hadoopbackport sub-package under mapreduce into which some classes
    from the mapred were ported.

    St.Ack

    On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Chan, Tim wrote:
    I would like to use MultipleTextOutputFormat, which is only available with the old Hadoop API (mapred).
    The mapred version of TableMapReduceUtil does not seem to support the use of a Scan object.

    Is there any way around this?
  • Joey Echeverria at Jun 27, 2011 at 9:12 pm
    I think Stack was asking if you could port MultipleTextOutputFormat to
    the new API. And the pointers he gave was how to wrap an old API
    implementation with the new API.

    -Joey

    --
    Joseph Echeverria
    Cloudera, Inc.

    That makes sense now. Heh. I just figured out MTOF is MultipleTextOutputFormat.

    Can you MTOF to the mapreduce package? See how in hbase, we have a
    hadoopbackport sub-package under mapreduce into which some classes
    from the mapred were ported.

    St.Ack

    I would like to use MultipleTextOutputFormat, which is only available with the old Hadoop API (mapred).
    The mapred version of TableMapReduceUtil does not seem to support the use of a Scan object.

    Is there any way around this?

    --
    Joseph Echeverria
    Cloudera, Inc.
    443.305.9434
  • Stack at Jun 27, 2011 at 9:40 pm
    Pardon my curtness (Thanks Joey for doing the interpreting).
    St.Ack
    That makes sense now. Heh. I just figured out MTOF is MultipleTextOutputFormat.

    Can you MTOF to the mapreduce package?  See how in hbase, we have a
    hadoopbackport sub-package under mapreduce into which some classes
    from the mapred were ported.

    St.Ack

    I would like to use MultipleTextOutputFormat, which is only available with the old Hadoop API (mapred).
    The mapred version of TableMapReduceUtil does not seem to support the use of a Scan object.

    Is there any way around this?

    --
    Joseph Echeverria
    Cloudera, Inc.