Grokbase Groups HBase user June 2011
Hi All,

I just upgrade the hbase and now when i am trying to start the region
servers, i am getting this exception.

Starting Hadoop HBase regionserver daemon: starting regionserver, logging to
/usr/lib/hbase/logs/hbase-hbase-regionserver-app1.out
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: hbase-default.xml
file seems to be for and old version of HBase (null), this version is
0.90.1-cdh3u0
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseConfiguration.checkDefaultsVersion(HBaseConfiguration.java:66)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseConfiguration.addHbaseResources(HBaseConfiguration.java:76)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseConfiguration.create(HBaseConfiguration.java:86)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.main(HRegionServer.java:2737)
ERROR.

Kindly let me know how to resolve this.
Thanks

--
Regards
Shuja-ur-Rehman Baig

Search Discussions

  • Joey Echeverria at Jun 10, 2011 at 11:18 am
    Remove the hbase-default.xml file from your configuration directory. HBase now bundles it in the jar.

    -Joey
[...]

groupuser @
categorieshbase, hadoop
postedJun 10, '11 at 11:05a
activeJun 10, '11 at 11:18a
websitehbase.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Shuja Rehman: 1 post Joey Echeverria: 1 post