Grokbase Groups HBase user June 2011

We are running a 5 machine Hbase cluster. We have noticed that whenever an
HQuorum fails in one machine, the entire application that is running on
HBase crashes. Is there anything to do about this?

--
With Regards,
Jr.

Search Discussions

  • Chris Tarnas at Jun 9, 2011 at 5:00 am
    What is an HQuorum?

    If you mean a regionserver then possibly you application is attempting to get data that was on a region hosted by the failed regionserver and in that case you need to make sure you application can deal the connection failure and wait for the the regions to be reassigned to another regionserver.

    -chris
    We are running a 5 machine Hbase cluster. We have noticed that whenever an
    HQuorum fails in one machine, the entire application that is running on
    HBase crashes. Is there anything to do about this?

    --
    With Regards,
    Jr.
  • James Ram at Jun 9, 2011 at 5:10 am
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply. So does HBase automatically reassign to another
    regionserver or do we have to do it manually.
    If you mean a regionserver then possibly you application is attempting to
    get data that was on a region hosted by the failed regionserver and in that
    case you need to make sure you application can deal the connection failure
    and wait for the the regions to be reassigned to another regionserver.

    -chris
    We are running a 5 machine Hbase cluster. We have noticed that whenever an
    HQuorum fails in one machine, the entire application that is running on
    HBase crashes. Is there anything to do about this?

    --
    With Regards,
    Jr.

    --
    With Regards,
    Jr.
  • Stack at Jun 9, 2011 at 5:33 am

    Thanks for your reply. So does HBase automatically reassign to another
    regionserver or do we have to do it manually.
    It does it automatically.
    St.Ack

groupuser @
categorieshbase, hadoop
postedJun 9, '11 at 4:44a
activeJun 9, '11 at 5:33a
websitehbase.apache.org

3 users in discussion

James Ram: 2 posts Chris Tarnas: 1 post Stack: 1 post