I had a table 'Keyword' a while back which I tried to disable. I tried
multiple times but I always got the error "It is taking too long to disable
the table". (or something like that.). Anyways, after a while I tried the
list command in shell and the table did not show up. So I tried to create
it. Now I am in s strange situation wherein if I try to create the table, I
get a TableExistsException, and if I try to disable/drop the table, I get
the TableNotFoundException

hbase(main):018:0> disable 'Keyword'
NativeException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableNotFoundException: NwKeyword

hbase(main):019:0> enable 'Keyword'
NativeException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableNotFoundException: NwKeyword

hbase(main):020:0> truncate 'Keyword'
NativeException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableNotFoundException: NwKeyword

hbase(main):021:0> create 'Keyword', 'Data'
NativeException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableExistsException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TableExistsException: Keyword
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.createTable(HMaster.java:798)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.createTable(HMaster.java:762)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor13.invoke(Unknown Source)
at
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseRPC$Server.call(HBaseRPC.java:657)
at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HBaseServer$Handler.run(HBaseServer.java:915)

Any ideas on why this is happening and how I can work around this?

Thanks,
Hari

Search Discussions

  • Stack at Feb 22, 2011 at 9:36 pm
    Hello Hari:

    On disable and enable in 0.20.x HBase, please see
    http://search-hadoop.com/m/vxWxh2tSLzw/table+disable&subj=Re+Regions+assigned+multiple+times+after+disabling+table

    Scan your '.META.' table. See if any region entries for the table you
    tried remove. My guess is that there are still regions hanging out.
    You might have to remove them by hand.

    Update to 0.90.x if you need reliable enable/disable.

    St.Ack

    On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 4:39 AM, Hari Sreekumar
[...]

groupuser @
categorieshbase, hadoop
postedFeb 22, '11 at 12:40p
activeFeb 22, '11 at 9:36p