Find a strange problem today. The deleting operation does not work. Here is
the code:

HTable table = this.pool.getTable(this.tableName);

System.out.println(table.exists(new Get(row)));

Delete d=new Delete(row);

table.delete(d);

System.out.println(table.exists(new Get(row)));

Both outputs are True. And I can also get it by table.get(Get) method.
Obviously the row does not be deleted.

I googled this issue on Internet,however nothing valuable can be found.

We run this hbase cluster about 1 year(10 datanode and 4 regionservers) ,
never seeing this problem before.

Env: Ubuntu 10.04 Hadoop CDH3 Hbase 0.20.6 ,table version is 1.

Does anyone encounter this problem?

Any clue appreciated

Wei.

Search Discussions

  • Stack at Dec 7, 2010 at 4:27 pm
    Can you dig in more on the row? Query for all versions of the row to
    see what is in there and then see if you have the same issue if you
    scan across the row as opposed to Getting it? Sounds like a bug.
    Would be nice to get more info so we can try reproduce on this end.

    St.Ack

    Find a strange problem today. The deleting operation does not work. Here is
    the code:

    HTable table = this.pool.getTable(this.tableName);

    System.out.println(table.exists(new Get(row)));

    Delete d=new Delete(row);

    table.delete(d);

    System.out.println(table.exists(new Get(row)));

    Both outputs are True. And I can also get it by table.get(Get) method.
    Obviously the row does not be deleted.

    I googled this issue on Internet,however nothing valuable can be found.

    We run this hbase cluster about 1 year(10 datanode and 4 regionservers) ,
    never seeing this problem before.

    Env: Ubuntu 10.04 Hadoop CDH3 Hbase 0.20.6 ,table version is 1.

    Does anyone encounter this problem?

    Any clue appreciated

    Wei.
  • Veeramachaneni, Ravi at Dec 7, 2010 at 4:38 pm
    Check the timestamp of the row, if it is in future date, you may not be able to delete.

[...]

    The information contained in this communication may be CONFIDENTIAL and is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete/destroy the original message and any copy of it from your computer or paper files.
  • Stack at Dec 7, 2010 at 4:48 pm

    Check the timestamp of the row, if it is in future date, you may not be able to delete.
    Yes. Also do what Ravi suggests.
    St.Ack

groupuser @
categorieshbase, hadoop