J-D et.al
I've put the mapreduce issue that I had in the back burner for now.
I'm getting incredible slow response to Scan..

On a 10 node cluster for a table with 1200 regions ..it takes 20 minutes
to scan a column with given value..Got 100 or so records for the response..

Is this normal?

thanks
venkatesh
PS. setCaching(100) ..did n't make a dent in performance

Search Discussions

  • Jean-Daniel Cryans at Oct 14, 2010 at 6:44 pm
    If setCaching didn't make a difference, either the API isn't used
    properly or the bottleneck is elsewhere.

    J-D
    I've put the mapreduce issue that I had in the back burner for now.
    I'm getting incredible slow response to Scan..

    On a 10 node cluster for a table with 1200 regions ..it takes 20 minutes
    to scan a column with given value..Got 100 or so records for the response..

    Is this normal?

    thanks
    venkatesh
    PS. setCaching(100) ..did n't make a dent in performance

groupuser @
categorieshbase, hadoop
postedOct 8, '10 at 1:34a
activeOct 14, '10 at 6:44p
websitehbase.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Venkatesh: 1 post Jean-Daniel Cryans: 1 post