Grokbase Groups HBase user June 2009

I just download cloudera training virtual machine and tryed to run the
sample

I'm getting the following exception :

training@training-vm:~/git/pristine-workspace/Hadoop/bin$ hadoop jar
$HADOOP_HOME/hadoop-*-examples.jar grep
java.io.IOException: Error opening job jar: /hadoop-*-examples.jar
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobShell.run(JobShell.java:54)
at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:79)
at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobShell.main(JobShell.java:68)
Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
at java.util.zip.ZipFile.(JarFile.java:133)
at java.util.jar.JarFile.(RunJar.java:88)
... 4 more

I tryed then to see the value of $HADOOP_HOME with echo and I didn't see any
value.

I begin to search where the root directory of hadoop was but didn't find it

Any idea ?

Thanks !

Alexandre Jaquet

Search Discussions

  • Nitay at Jun 12, 2009 at 4:12 pm
    Hi Alexandre,

    I'd recommend you contact Cloudera directly (info@cloudera.com or
    training@cloudera.com). Also you can try the Hadoop list (
    core-user@hadoop.apache.org). This type of questions belongs better with
    them.

    Cheers,
    -n
    I just download cloudera training virtual machine and tryed to run the
    sample

    I'm getting the following exception :

    training@training-vm:~/git/pristine-workspace/Hadoop/bin$ hadoop jar
    $HADOOP_HOME/hadoop-*-examples.jar grep
    java.io.IOException: Error opening job jar: /hadoop-*-examples.jar
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobShell.run(JobShell.java:54)
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:79)
    at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.JobShell.main(JobShell.java:68)
    Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:114)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:133)
    at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:70)
    ... 4 more

    I tryed then to see the value of $HADOOP_HOME with echo and I didn't see
    any
    value.

    I begin to search where the root directory of hadoop was but didn't find it

    Any idea ?

    Thanks !

    Alexandre Jaquet
  • Alexandre Jaquet at Jun 12, 2009 at 4:45 pm
    I solved this by runing the sample by replacing the $HADOOP_PATH within
    /usr/lib/hadoop/

[...]

  • Alexandre Jaquet at Jun 12, 2009 at 4:46 pm
    And again sorry I've again confuse the mailing list ..

[...]

  • Alex Loddengaard at Jun 12, 2009 at 4:46 pm
    Hey Alexandre,

    You should post these questions here:

    <http://www.getsatisfaction.com/cloudera/products/cloudera_hadoop_training>

    As for the problem, there's a bug in our VM where we don't set
    $HADOOP_HOME. Run the following command, then try to run the grep job
    again:

    export HADOOP_HOME=/usr/lib/hadoop

    (You may also want to put this command in ~/.bashrc as well.)

    This will be fixed pretty soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

    Alex
[...]

  • Alexandre Jaquet at Jun 12, 2009 at 4:49 pm
    No problem you have done a great job for newbie like me

[...]

groupuser @
categorieshbase, hadoop
postedJun 12, '09 at 3:47p
activeJun 12, '09 at 4:49p