Grokbase Groups HBase dev July 2012
The first 0.94.1 RC is available for download here: http://people.apache.org/~larsh/hbase-0.94.1-rc0/
I managed to forget the password for my code signing key, sigh. I create a new one and uploaded it to pgp.mit.edu. Key id: A1AC25A9

0.94.1 is a bugfix release and has 141 issues resolved against it.

The full list of changes is available here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+HBASE+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%220.94.1%22+AND+status+%3D+Resolved+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide

This RC was built locally on my machine, since we are having trouble with the Jenkins machines and the tests in general.

Please take the RC for a spin, check out the doc, etc, and vote +1/-1 by July 31th on whether we should release this as 0.94.0.

This wiki has a list of general areas to test: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ReleaseCandidateTestMatrix (Thanks to Dave Wang.)
(The wiki seems down at the moment, I will send a link to a 0.94.1RC0 specific testing matrix soon)

Thanks.

-- Lars

Search Discussions

  • Lars hofhansl at Jul 17, 2012 at 9:18 pm
    I created a public Google spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvLqcVIqNtlTdHM0LTlwQVAyUDJ2U2Z1bEprSEYxdXc#gid=0

    If you do some testing on the 0.94.1RC please put a note there. Any testing help is greatly appreciated.

    Feel free to add new tests there as well as you see fit.

    This is an experiment of course. If I find that document vandalized I'll need to remove it.

    Thanks.

    -- Lars

[...]

  • Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan at Jul 18, 2012 at 5:11 am
    Lars
    Please take the RC for a spin, check out the doc, etc, and vote +1/-1
    by July 31th on whether we should release this as 0.94.0.
    I think you mean 'whether we should release this as 0.94.1'?

    Regards
    Ram

[...]

  • Lars hofhansl at Jul 18, 2012 at 6:04 am
    Ah, yes. Indeed :)

[...]

  • Andrew Purtell at Jul 18, 2012 at 6:52 pm