Grokbase Groups HBase dev June 2012
FAQ
I'd like to volunteer to start a group focused on performance testing HBase to ensure new versions don't regress.

Anyone with ideas or interest in helping, please email me.

Ryan

Search Discussions

  • Andrew Purtell at Jun 15, 2012 at 9:41 pm

    On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Ryan Ausanka-Crues wrote:
    I'd like to volunteer to start a group focused on performance testing HBase to ensure new versions don't regress.

    Anyone with ideas or interest in helping, please email me.
    Sign me up!

    I set up a Google group:
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/hbase-performance

    This seem a reasonable forum? Ryan, you want to be an owner?

    Best regards,

    - Andy

    Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. - Piet
    Hein (via Tom White)
  • Michael Stack at Jun 15, 2012 at 9:55 pm

    On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 2:41 PM, Andrew Purtell wrote:
    On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Ryan Ausanka-Crues
    wrote:
    I'd like to volunteer to start a group focused on performance testing HBase to ensure new versions don't regress.

    Anyone with ideas or interest in helping, please email me.
    Sign me up!

    I set up a Google group:
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/hbase-performance

    This seem a reasonable forum? Ryan, you want to be an owner?

    Best regards,
    I want in. Why not just use this dev list? Move to new forum when if
    it starts to overwhelm?
    St.Ack
  • Roman Shaposhnik at Jun 15, 2012 at 9:59 pm

    On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Stack wrote:
    I want in.  Why not just use this dev list?  Move to new forum when if
    it starts to overwhelm?
    +1 on that.

    Thanks,
    Roman.
  • Amandeep Khurana at Jun 15, 2012 at 10:04 pm
    I want in too. And +1 on keeping it on the dev list for now and moving it out when it gets unwieldy..

    On Friday, June 15, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
    On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Stack (mailto:stack@duboce.net)> wrote:
    I want in. Why not just use this dev list? Move to new forum when if
    it starts to overwhelm?

    +1 on that.

    Thanks,
    Roman.
  • Andrew Purtell at Jun 15, 2012 at 10:05 pm
    That Google group is there if you want to use it.
    On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 3:03 PM, Amandeep Khurana wrote:
    I want in too. And +1 on keeping it on the dev list for now and moving it out when it gets unwieldy..

    On Friday, June 15, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
    On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Stack (mailto:stack@duboce.net)> wrote:
    I want in.  Why not just use this dev list?  Move to new forum when if
    it starts to overwhelm?

    +1 on that.

    Thanks,
    Roman.


    --
    Best regards,

    - Andy

    Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. - Piet
    Hein (via Tom White)
  • Otis Gospodnetic at Jun 16, 2012 at 3:27 am
    +1 for keeping this on dev.

    Otis
    ----
    Performance Monitoring for Solr / ElasticSearch / HBase - http://sematext.com/spm


    ________________________________
    From: Amandeep Khurana <amansk@gmail.com>
    To: dev@hbase.apache.org
    Sent: Friday, June 15, 2012 6:03 PM
    Subject: Re: Performance testing group

    I want in too. And +1 on keeping it on the dev list for now and moving it out when it gets unwieldy..

    On Friday, June 15, 2012 at 2:59 PM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
    On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Stack (mailto:stack@duboce.net)> wrote:
    I want in.  Why not just use this dev list?  Move to new forum when if
    it starts to overwhelm?

    +1 on that.

    Thanks,
    Roman.


  • Arun C Murthy at Jun 17, 2012 at 1:51 am

    On Jun 15, 2012, at 2:55 PM, Stack wrote:
    I want in. Why not just use this dev list? Move to new forum when if
    it starts to overwhelm?
    Should be trivial to create an ASF list for perf-based discussions too...

    Arun
  • Andrew Purtell at Jun 17, 2012 at 2:12 am
    Sigh... Well we have a google group set up with a bunch of members. That will teach me to be proactive.

    So far we've had ~10 messages on where to have the discussion as opposed to having the discussion. That's par right? Next one's for real? :-) Doesn't matter where.
    On Jun 16, 2012, at 6:51 PM, Arun C Murthy wrote:

    On Jun 15, 2012, at 2:55 PM, Stack wrote:
    I want in. Why not just use this dev list? Move to new forum when if
    it starts to overwhelm?
    Should be trivial to create an ASF list for perf-based discussions too...

    Arun
  • Enis Söztutar at Jun 18, 2012 at 6:12 pm
    Just to be clear, the effective communication channel is dev@hbase for now,
    right?

    Enis
    On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 7:12 PM, Andrew Purtell wrote:

    Sigh... Well we have a google group set up with a bunch of members. That
    will teach me to be proactive.

    So far we've had ~10 messages on where to have the discussion as opposed
    to having the discussion. That's par right? Next one's for real? :-)
    Doesn't matter where.
    On Jun 16, 2012, at 6:51 PM, Arun C Murthy wrote:

    On Jun 15, 2012, at 2:55 PM, Stack wrote:
    I want in. Why not just use this dev list? Move to new forum when if
    it starts to overwhelm?
    Should be trivial to create an ASF list for perf-based discussions too...

    Arun
  • Andrew Purtell at Jun 18, 2012 at 6:37 pm

    On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 11:11 AM, Enis Söztutar wrote:
    Just to be clear, the effective communication channel is dev@hbase for now,
    right?
    Correct.

    - Andy
  • Lars George at Jun 16, 2012 at 4:20 pm
    +1, I am in as well!
    On Jun 15, 2012, at 23:41, Andrew Purtell wrote:

    On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Ryan Ausanka-Crues
    wrote:
    I'd like to volunteer to start a group focused on performance testing HBase to ensure new versions don't regress.

    Anyone with ideas or interest in helping, please email me.
    Sign me up!

    I set up a Google group:
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/hbase-performance

    This seem a reasonable forum? Ryan, you want to be an owner?

    Best regards,

    - Andy

    Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. - Piet
    Hein (via Tom White)
  • Marshall Pierce at Jun 16, 2012 at 4:27 pm
    It was great to meet several of you in person at the BoF yesterday! I'm definitely interested as well.
    On 2012 Jun 16, at 9:19 AM, Lars George wrote:

    +1, I am in as well!
    On Jun 15, 2012, at 23:41, Andrew Purtell wrote:

    On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Ryan Ausanka-Crues
    wrote:
    I'd like to volunteer to start a group focused on performance testing HBase to ensure new versions don't regress.

    Anyone with ideas or interest in helping, please email me.
    Sign me up!

    I set up a Google group:
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/hbase-performance

    This seem a reasonable forum? Ryan, you want to be an owner?

    Best regards,

    - Andy

    Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. - Piet
    Hein (via Tom White)

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupdev @
categorieshbase, hadoop
postedJun 15, '12 at 9:32p
activeJun 18, '12 at 6:37p
posts13
users11
websitehbase.apache.org

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase