Grokbase Groups HBase dev June 2012
hi,

i am new to JAVA and open source development, can anyone let me know how to
go about becoming a developer for contributing to this project? I guess it
will take a few months may be years but this project sounds pretty
interesting, so any heads up or insights will be really work encouragement

Regards,
Gourav

Search Discussions

  • Jonathan Hsieh at Jun 3, 2012 at 11:07 pm
    Hey Gourav,

    Checkout this web page.
    http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/HowToContribute Ideally it would
    be enough to get started and to run tests.

    Then go the jira and look for some "noob" issues, and if you want to
    work on one of them, drop a comment saying you're going to work on it.
    Here's a link:
    https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+HBASE+AND+resolution+%3D+Unresolved+AND+labels+%3D+noob

    We're a friendly bunch so try your best and feel free to ask help.

    Jon.

    --
    // Jonathan Hsieh (shay)
    // Software Engineer, Cloudera

    Also, see this regarding getting started with HBase.

    http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#developer

    This chapter also has the guidelines on submitting patches, etc.