Grokbase Groups HBase dev April 2012
Hi devs,

I'm Ed, one of Apache Hama[1] project. I'm thinking about
contributing a BSP[2] example that shows how to crunch complex data
e.g., geo-spatial, financial, social networks, web links, etc. using
message-passing techniques to HBase project.

What do you think on this idea?

1. http://incubator.apache.org/hama/
2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulk_synchronous_parallel

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
@eddieyoon

Search Discussions

  • Andrew Purtell at Apr 13, 2012 at 12:41 am
    +1 Edward, please open a JIRA and we can discuss it there further.

    Best regards,

    - Andy

    I'm Ed, one of Apache Hama[1] project. I'm thinking about
    contributing a BSP[2] example that shows how to crunch complex data
    e.g., geo-spatial, financial, social networks, web links, etc. using
    message-passing techniques to HBase project.

    What do you think on this idea?

    1. http://incubator.apache.org/hama/
    2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulk_synchronous_parallel

    --
    Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
    @eddieyoon
  • Edward J. Yoon at Apr 17, 2012 at 2:06 am
    Thanks, Andy

    Can we discuss a bit about input output formats here?

    https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAMA-544
    +1 Edward, please open a JIRA and we can discuss it there further.

    Best regards,

    - Andy

    I'm Ed, one of Apache Hama[1] project. I'm thinking about
    contributing a BSP[2] example that shows how to crunch complex data
    e.g., geo-spatial, financial, social networks, web links, etc. using
    message-passing techniques to HBase project.

    What do you think on this idea?

    1. http://incubator.apache.org/hama/
    2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulk_synchronous_parallel

    --
    Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
    @eddieyoon

    --
    Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
    @eddieyoon

groupdev @
categorieshbase, hadoop
postedApr 12, '12 at 8:30a
activeApr 17, '12 at 2:06a
websitehbase.apache.org

2 users in discussion

Edward J. Yoon: 2 posts Andrew Purtell: 1 post