End of February is approaching and I would like to branch 0.94 (dubbed "performance release") soon.

The two changes that I think need to make it in are:
HBASE-5074 "Support checksums in HBase block cache"
HBASE-4608 "HLog Compression"

Both look reasonably close to being done.

Should we wait with branching until these are done, or branch now'ish and continue with these two
in the 0.94 branch? I'd vote for the latter.

Thanks.

-- Lars

Search Discussions

  • Todd Lipcon at Feb 27, 2012 at 7:23 pm
    +1 for the latter

    --
    Todd Lipcon
    Software Engineer, Cloudera

    End of February is approaching and I would like to branch 0.94 (dubbed "performance release") soon.

    The two changes that I think need to make it in are:
    HBASE-5074 "Support checksums in HBase block cache"
    HBASE-4608 "HLog Compression"

    Both look reasonably close to being done.

    Should we wait with branching until these are done, or branch now'ish and continue with these two
    in the 0.94 branch? I'd vote for the latter.
    Me too.

    J-D
  • Michael Stack at Feb 27, 2012 at 7:44 pm

    End of February is approaching and I would like to branch 0.94 (dubbed "performance release") soon.

    The two changes that I think need to make it in are:
    HBASE-5074 "Support checksums in HBase block cache"
    HBASE-4608 "HLog Compression"
    Sweet.

    I was going to try 5074 out today. If its ok, could go in tomorrow or
    so. Could backport to branch too so shouldn't be blocker.

    St.Ack
  • Lars hofhansl at Feb 27, 2012 at 10:20 pm
    OK... I'll branch later today or tomorrow morning if I get no objections.