If you wonder why occasionally we have broken Jenkins build, I can give you
one reason.

Look at the following import in TestMasterFailover:
import org.apache.hadoop.hbase.*;

When a new test was added which used ClusterStatus, there was no import to
be added in TRUNK because of the above import.
However, in 0.92, there is no such wild card import - so ...

I think we should refrain from using wild card import.

Cheers

Search Discussions

  • Pan, Thomas at Feb 23, 2012 at 1:36 am
    Which check-in rules have we set up for our SCM? -Thomas
    If you wonder why occasionally we have broken Jenkins build, I can give
    you
    one reason.

    Look at the following import in TestMasterFailover:
    import org.apache.hadoop.hbase.*;

    When a new test was added which used ClusterStatus, there was no import to
    be added in TRUNK because of the above import.
    However, in 0.92, there is no such wild card import - so ...

    I think we should refrain from using wild card import.

    Cheers
  • Mikhail Bautin at Feb 23, 2012 at 2:04 am
    +1 on avoiding using wildcard imports. Eclipse's "Organize Imports"
    command gets rid of them pretty well.

    Thanks,
    --Mikhail

    If you wonder why occasionally we have broken Jenkins build, I can give
    you
    one reason.

    Look at the following import in TestMasterFailover:
    import org.apache.hadoop.hbase.*;

    When a new test was added which used ClusterStatus, there was no import
    be added in TRUNK because of the above import.
    However, in 0.92, there is no such wild card import - so ...

    I think we should refrain from using wild card import.

    Cheers

groupdev @
categorieshbase, hadoop
postedFeb 22, '12 at 8:47p