What do folks think of a devs/contributors get-together on the 29th in
San Francisco (Location TBD but possibly at SU). I was thinking
something less than a meetup with 'presentations' but more like a
hackathon where we chat some up front on topics such as what should go
into 0.94, when to cut it, 14.5 seconds worth of blue-skying -- for
fun -- before we deep dive into ugly stuff bug-fixing and testing
whatever the 0.92RC is at the time to help with getting the release
out?

I was thinking we could start at 2pm and work on through the evening?

If above is fine, I'll put up a notice on meetup.

Good stuff,
St.Ack

Search Discussions

  • Ted Yu at Nov 11, 2011 at 12:13 am
    +1. I will come.

    Thanks Stack.
    What do folks think of a devs/contributors get-together on the 29th in
    San Francisco (Location TBD but possibly at SU). I was thinking
    something less than a meetup with 'presentations' but more like a
    hackathon where we chat some up front on topics such as what should go
    into 0.94, when to cut it, 14.5 seconds worth of blue-skying -- for
    fun -- before we deep dive into ugly stuff bug-fixing and testing
    whatever the 0.92RC is at the time to help with getting the release
    out?

    I was thinking we could start at 2pm and work on through the evening?

    If above is fine, I'll put up a notice on meetup.

    Good stuff,
    St.Ack
  • Roman Shaposhnik at Nov 11, 2011 at 12:15 am

  • Elliott Clark at Nov 11, 2011 at 12:16 am
    +1
    Otherwise I would totally come. If you make it the week before, I can
    definitely make it.
    What do folks think of a devs/contributors get-together on the 29th in
    San Francisco (Location TBD but possibly at SU).  I was thinking
    something less than a meetup with 'presentations' but more like a
    hackathon where we chat some up front on topics such as what should go
    into 0.94, when to cut it, 14.5 seconds worth of blue-skying -- for
    fun -- before we deep dive into ugly stuff bug-fixing and testing
    whatever the 0.92RC is at the time to help with getting the release
    out?

    I was thinking we could start at 2pm and work on through the evening?

    If above is fine, I'll put up a notice on meetup.

    Good stuff,
    St.Ack
  • Gaojinchao at Nov 11, 2011 at 2:11 am
    After the meeting, if there is a share, people outside USA can get it, it will be better. :)

    What do folks think of a devs/contributors get-together on the 29th in
    San Francisco (Location TBD but possibly at SU). I was thinking
    something less than a meetup with 'presentations' but more like a
    hackathon where we chat some up front on topics such as what should go
    into 0.94, when to cut it, 14.5 seconds worth of blue-skying -- for
    fun -- before we deep dive into ugly stuff bug-fixing and testing
    whatever the 0.92RC is at the time to help with getting the release
    out?

    I was thinking we could start at 2pm and work on through the evening?

    If above is fine, I'll put up a notice on meetup.

    Good stuff,
    St.Ack
  • Stack at Nov 11, 2011 at 3:25 pm

    After the meeting, if there is a share, people outside USA can get it, it will be better. :)
    We'll make sure any discussion gets echoed in the mailing list/JIRA.
    If the meeting is small, maybe we should try and skype a few of you
    in? (This has never worked well in my experience but could give it
    another try).

    St.Ack
  • Andrew Purtell at Nov 11, 2011 at 3:59 pm
    Thanks. I'll be outside the US too at this time. :-) Making sure the discussions end up in JIRAs works for me.
    ÂÂ
       - Andy

    After the meeting, if there is a share, people outside USA can get it, it
    will be better. :)
    We'll make sure any discussion gets echoed in the mailing list/JIRA.
    If the meeting is small, maybe we should try and skype a few of you
    in?  (This has never worked well in my experience but could give it
    another try).

    St.Ack
  • Gaojinchao at Nov 14, 2011 at 1:20 am
    Thanks.

    After the meeting, if there is a share, people outside USA can get it, it will be better. :)
    We'll make sure any discussion gets echoed in the mailing list/JIRA.
    If the meeting is small, maybe we should try and skype a few of you
    in? (This has never worked well in my experience but could give it
    another try).

    St.Ack
  • Eugene Koontz at Nov 11, 2011 at 2:33 pm

    What do folks think of a devs/contributors get-together on the 29th in
    San Francisco (Location TBD but possibly at SU).
    Sounds fun - I'll be there!
    -Eugene

groupdev @
categorieshbase, hadoop