Grokbase Groups HBase dev August 2011
Hello,

I see that running HBase unit tests (mvn test) takes long time.
Has anyone tried running few in parallel. I know some tests creates data
directories and tables which prohibit from running them in parallel.
Interested in knowing if anyone has tried something.

--
Have a Nice Day!
Lohit

Search Discussions

  • Stack at Aug 9, 2011 at 5:36 pm
    Is there an option to run them in parallel in mvn? We should try it.
    We've done work to make it so more than one test run could be
    happening at the one time; e.g. they have their own dir (there may be
    some tests that clash and if they do, we need to fix them).

    Good on you Lohit.
    St.Ack
    I see that running HBase unit tests (mvn test) takes long time.
    Has anyone tried running few in parallel. I know some tests creates data
    directories and tables which prohibit from running them in parallel.
    Interested in knowing if anyone has tried something.

    --
    Have a Nice Day!
    Lohit
  • Ted Dunning at Aug 9, 2011 at 5:40 pm
    Yes. It is an easy change but has some subtleties.
    Is there an option to run them in parallel in mvn? We should try it.
    We've done work to make it so more than one test run could be
    happening at the one time; e.g. they have their own dir (there may be
    some tests that clash and if they do, we need to fix them).

    Good on you Lohit.
    St.Ack
    I see that running HBase unit tests (mvn test) takes long time.
    Has anyone tried running few in parallel. I know some tests creates data
    directories and tables which prohibit from running them in parallel.
    Interested in knowing if anyone has tried something.

    --
    Have a Nice Day!
    Lohit
  • Stack at Aug 9, 2011 at 7:00 pm
    I'd be up for helping anything that would cut our test run times down.
    St.Ack
    Yes.  It is an easy change but has some subtleties.
    Is there an option to run them in parallel in mvn?  We should try it.
    We've done work to make it so more than one test run could be
    happening at the one time; e.g. they have their own dir  (there may be
    some tests that clash and if they do, we need to fix them).

    Good on you Lohit.
    St.Ack
    I see that running HBase unit tests (mvn test) takes long time.
    Has anyone tried running few in parallel. I know some tests creates data
    directories and tables which prohibit from running them in parallel.
    Interested in knowing if anyone has tried something.

    --
    Have a Nice Day!
    Lohit

groupdev @
categorieshbase, hadoop
postedAug 9, '11 at 4:47p
activeAug 9, '11 at 7:00p
websitehbase.apache.org

3 users in discussion

Stack: 2 posts Ted Dunning: 1 post Lohit: 1 post