Grokbase Groups HBase dev July 2011
I put up a second release candidate here:

http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.90.4-candidate-1/

Release notes are available here, [1].

RC1 has fixes for REST and a fix for a misfired WARN log.

Should we release this candidate as hbase 0.90.4?

Please vote +1/-1 by next Monday, August 1st.

Yours,
The HBasers

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12316406

Search Discussions

  • Stack at Jul 27, 2011 at 11:28 pm
    I'm +1 on this candidate. I've been doing some cluster tests and all
    seems fine. I'm moving now to roll it out in production here.
    St.Ack
    I put up a second release candidate here:

    http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.90.4-candidate-1/

    Release notes are available here, [1].

    RC1 has fixes for REST and a fix for a misfired WARN log.

    Should we release this candidate as hbase 0.90.4?

    Please vote +1/-1 by next Monday, August 1st.

    Yours,
    The HBasers

    1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12316406
  • Ted Yu at Jul 28, 2011 at 2:08 am
    Initial load testing in our staging cluster is positive.
    Hbck hasn't reported inconsistency since upgrade.

    Cheers

    I'm +1 on this candidate. I've been doing some cluster tests and all
    seems fine. I'm moving now to roll it out in production here.
    St.Ack
    I put up a second release candidate here:

    http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.90.4-candidate-1/

    Release notes are available here, [1].

    RC1 has fixes for REST and a fix for a misfired WARN log.

    Should we release this candidate as hbase 0.90.4?

    Please vote +1/-1 by next Monday, August 1st.

    Yours,
    The HBasers

    1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12316406
  • Ted Yu at Aug 9, 2011 at 6:00 pm
    I think https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-4168 may sink RC1.
    See master log snippet I put on that JIRA.
    Initial load testing in our staging cluster is positive.
    Hbck hasn't reported inconsistency since upgrade.

    Cheers

    I'm +1 on this candidate. I've been doing some cluster tests and all
    seems fine. I'm moving now to roll it out in production here.
    St.Ack
    I put up a second release candidate here:

    http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.90.4-candidate-1/

    Release notes are available here, [1].

    RC1 has fixes for REST and a fix for a misfired WARN log.

    Should we release this candidate as hbase 0.90.4?

    Please vote +1/-1 by next Monday, August 1st.

    Yours,
    The HBasers

    1.
    https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12316406
  • Stack at Aug 9, 2011 at 6:15 pm
    NoRouteToHostException doesn't look to be an hbase issue.

    We're currently rolling the RC out on our front end (its come up
    through our other clusters and its looking good). Would suggest that
    if 4168 an issue, that we fix it in 0.90.5.

    St.Ack
    See master log snippet I put on that JIRA.
    Initial load testing in our staging cluster is positive.
    Hbck hasn't reported inconsistency since upgrade.

    Cheers

    I'm +1 on this candidate.  I've been doing some cluster tests and all
    seems fine.  I'm moving now to roll it out in production here.
    St.Ack
    I put up a second release candidate here:

    http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.90.4-candidate-1/

    Release notes are available here, [1].

    RC1 has fixes for REST and a fix for a misfired WARN log.

    Should we release this candidate as hbase 0.90.4?

    Please vote +1/-1 by next Monday, August 1st.

    Yours,
    The HBasers

    1.
    https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12316406
  • Ted Yu at Aug 9, 2011 at 6:22 pm
    If the server hosting -ROOT- came down, I think 4168 would become serious.
    Master would shutdown because the server recorded in zk is down due to
    NoRouteToHostException.

    My two cents.
[...]

  • Lohit at Jul 29, 2011 at 5:49 pm
    +1
    Downloaded and installed on small cluster.
    Basic operations and restarts.

    --
    Have a Nice Day!
    Lohit

    J-D
    I put up a second release candidate here:

    http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.90.4-candidate-1/

    Release notes are available here, [1].

    RC1 has fixes for REST and a fix for a misfired WARN log.

    Should we release this candidate as hbase 0.90.4?

    Please vote +1/-1 by next Monday, August 1st.

    Yours,
    The HBasers

    1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12316406
  • Stack at Aug 9, 2011 at 10:17 pm
    OK. Vote passes. 4 +1s (Three binding).

    Will push out the release.

    St.Ack
    +1, we are running this on all our clusters.

    J-D
    I put up a second release candidate here:

    http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.90.4-candidate-1/

    Release notes are available here, [1].

    RC1 has fixes for REST and a fix for a misfired WARN log.

    Should we release this candidate as hbase 0.90.4?

    Please vote +1/-1 by next Monday, August 1st.

    Yours,
    The HBasers

    1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12316406

groupdev @