Grokbase Groups HBase dev July 2011
Hello,

While working on a new unit test for multi-column scanning I noticed that deletes are apparently handed differently when the timestamp is 0. I am adding a delete using deleteColumns(family, qualifier, timestamp), and the column is not being deleted. Does a zero timestamp have some special meaning?

Thanks,
--Mikhail

Search Discussions

  • Stack at Jul 2, 2011 at 1:02 pm
    I don't recall 0 having special meaning (MAX_LONG does; it'll get
    replace with current time)..
    St.Ack
    While working on a new unit test for multi-column scanning I noticed that deletes are apparently handed differently when the timestamp is 0. I am adding a delete using deleteColumns(family, qualifier, timestamp), and the column is not being deleted. Does a zero timestamp have some special meaning?

    Thanks,
    --Mikhail

groupdev @
categorieshbase, hadoop