Grokbase Groups HBase dev June 2011
Our company needs HBASE-3488 to perform validation routine.

Can we back port HBASE-3488 to 0.90 branch ?
The risk should be low considering that CellCounter is a new utility class.

Thanks

Search Discussions

  • Jean-Daniel Cryans at Jun 28, 2011 at 7:17 pm
    I wouldn't mind, although I wonder why you couldn't just patch it in
    for your company.

    J-D
    Our company needs HBASE-3488 to perform validation routine.

    Can we back port HBASE-3488 to 0.90 branch ?
    The risk should be low considering that CellCounter is a new utility class.

    Thanks
  • Ted Yu at Jun 28, 2011 at 7:19 pm
    My manager wants to use released version.

    I wouldn't mind, although I wonder why you couldn't just patch it in
    for your company.

    J-D
    Our company needs HBASE-3488 to perform validation routine.

    Can we back port HBASE-3488 to 0.90 branch ?
    The risk should be low considering that CellCounter is a new utility class.

    Thanks
  • Andrew Purtell at Jun 28, 2011 at 11:08 pm
    +1

    Best regards,

    - Andy

    My manager wants to use released version.

    I wouldn't mind, although I wonder why you couldn't just patch it in
    for your company.

    J-D
    Our company needs HBASE-3488 to perform validation routine.

    Can we back port HBASE-3488 to 0.90 branch ?
    The risk should be low considering that CellCounter is a new utility
    class.
    Thanks

groupdev @
categorieshbase, hadoop