Grokbase Groups HBase dev June 2011
Hello,

We have a big data set across 10 RS.
We started major compact of a table. In region server logs, I can see that
at a time few regions are being compacted.
Once it is completed next batch seem to start. Is there a way to find out
how many are pending, to get an estimate of when major compaction will
complete?

--
Have a Nice Day!
Lohit

Search Discussions

  • Stack at Jun 8, 2011 at 6:16 pm

    We started major compact of a table. In region server logs, I can see that
    at a time few regions are being compacted.
    Once it is completed next batch seem to start. Is there a way to find out
    how many are pending, to get an estimate of when major compaction will
    complete?
    Not at the moment. We expose compaction queue in the UI but the queue
    needs to expose whether it a major or 'normal' compaction. Mind
    filing an issue Lohit?

    Thanks,
    St.Ack
  • Lohit at Jun 8, 2011 at 6:43 pm
    We started major compact of a table. In region server logs, I can see that
    at a time few regions are being compacted.
    Once it is completed next batch seem to start. Is there a way to find out
    how many are pending, to get an estimate of when major compaction will
    complete?
    Not at the moment. We expose compaction queue in the UI but the queue
    needs to expose whether it a major or 'normal' compaction. Mind
    filing an issue Lohit?
    <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-3965>Thanks,
    Lohit
    Thanks,