Grokbase Groups HBase dev May 2011
In trunk, LoadBalancer.ServerAndLoad greatly reduces the memory footprint of
serversByLoad Map.
Currently LoadBalancer balances region count.

In the future, request histogram may be recorded in, say HServerLoad.
ServerManager has all such information:
for (Map.Entry<ServerName, HServerLoad> e:
this.serverManager.getOnlineServers().entrySet()) {
Shall we make ServerManager accessible by LoadBalancer ?

Thanks

Search Discussions

  • Ted Yu at Jun 1, 2011 at 8:47 pm
    My initial, unsuccessful, attempt at HBASE-3943 reminded me of the proposal
    below.

    Please comment on whether/how HServerLoad is made accessible to load
    balancer.

    Thanks
    In trunk, LoadBalancer.ServerAndLoad greatly reduces the memory footprint
    of serversByLoad Map.
    Currently LoadBalancer balances region count.

    In the future, request histogram may be recorded in, say HServerLoad.
    ServerManager has all such information:
    for (Map.Entry<ServerName, HServerLoad> e:
    this.serverManager.getOnlineServers().entrySet()) {
    Shall we make ServerManager accessible by LoadBalancer ?

    Thanks

groupdev @
categorieshbase, hadoop
postedMay 21, '11 at 5:34a