Grokbase Groups HBase dev April 2011
Why I was a mysql'r, often the vitals were in the comments section of
the mysql manual rather than in the body of the doc itself; someone
had tried what was suggested in the main body of the page, found an
issue and then had left their improvement for those that came after
(On subsequent revisions, I'd imagine the comments fixup made it up
into the main documentation).

I liked this facility.

Shall we attempt a poor man's version by adding fb comments [1] to the
tail of all of our hbase website book pages?

If folks this an ok idea, I'll try hack it into the docbook html gen.

St.Ack

1. http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/comments/

Search Discussions

  • Gary Helmling at Apr 28, 2011 at 8:17 pm
    +1!

    Yeah, I've also found the mysql doc comments very useful. I think this
    would be great to add to our book.

    If you need a hand hacking it up let me know. I did some FB app stuff in
    the past.

    --gh

    Why I was a mysql'r, often the vitals were in the comments section of
    the mysql manual rather than in the body of the doc itself; someone
    had tried what was suggested in the main body of the page, found an
    issue and then had left their improvement for those that came after
    (On subsequent revisions, I'd imagine the comments fixup made it up
    into the main documentation).

    I liked this facility.

    Shall we attempt a poor man's version by adding fb comments [1] to the
    tail of all of our hbase website book pages?

    If folks this an ok idea, I'll try hack it into the docbook html gen.

    St.Ack

    1. http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/comments/
  • Andrew Purtell at Apr 29, 2011 at 12:50 am
    We need the ability to curate the pages or Bad Things will happen.

    - Andy
  • Stack at Apr 29, 2011 at 3:50 am
    There is an admin function. A few of us can do admin'ing. We can
    take in the comments and then admin them or be email'd before they go
    up. I think the latter is probably setting is probably better for
    keeping spammers away.

    St.Ack
    We need the ability to curate the pages or Bad Things will happen.

    - Andy

groupdev @
categorieshbase, hadoop
postedApr 28, '11 at 8:09p