Grokbase Groups HBase dev April 2011
I was looking for an email thread posted yesterday, "Append value to a
cell", and this morning its not in the index. Perhaps the indexer
hasn't run in between?

Sorry for the question. Its your fault for providing us a service
we've since come to depend on.

St.Ack

Search Discussions

  • Otis Gospodnetic at Apr 14, 2011 at 4:32 am
    Hey Stack,

    Funny you should ask - I was trying to look up that "...Primetime..." thread
    yesterday and after not finding it I realized user@hbase messages were missing.
    Check http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hbase-user/?format=atom using
    Chrome now. I see "error on line 12582 at column 11: PCDATA invalid Char value
    27", which matches what I see in our logs (interestingly, Firefox eats the error
    just fine). The bad news is that we missed some user@hbase messages. The good
    news is that this should go away very soon (as the problematic message gets
    pushed down and out of top N items we fetch from there) and that we have a
    mechanism to back-fill missing data. Sorry about this glitch. If we/you see
    this happening, we'll see if we can make the XML parser we use more forgiving or
    find one that doesn't choke as easily.

    Otis
    ----

    I was looking for an email thread posted yesterday, "Append value to a
    cell", and this morning its not in the index. Perhaps the indexer
    hasn't run in between?

    Sorry for the question. Its your fault for providing us a service
    we've since come to depend on.

    St.Ack
  • Stack at Apr 14, 2011 at 5:43 am
    No worries. Thanks for looking into it.
    St.Ack

    On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 9:31 PM, Otis Gospodnetic
[...]

  • Otis Gospodnetic at Apr 14, 2011 at 3:27 pm
    Just FYI - back in business. Sorry for the glitch.

    Otis
    ----

    I was looking for an email thread posted yesterday, "Append value to a
    cell", and this morning its not in the index. Perhaps the indexer
    hasn't run in between?

    Sorry for the question. Its your fault for providing us a service
    we've since come to depend on.

    St.Ack
  • Stack at Apr 14, 2011 at 4:03 pm
    Not important but just FYI, I can't find the thread 'Append value to a
    cell'. Will that show up sometime soon (seems to part of missed
    messages).
    St.Ack

    On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 8:27 AM, Otis Gospodnetic

    Lucene ecosystem  search :: http://search-lucene.com/

    I was looking  for an email thread posted yesterday, "Append value to a
    cell",  and  this morning its not in the index.  Perhaps the indexer
    hasn't run   in between?

    Sorry for the question.  Its your fault for  providing us  a service
    we've since come to depend  on.

    St.Ack
  • Otis Gospodnetic at Apr 15, 2011 at 3:26 am
    Hi Stack,

    If we go and do a backfill, yes. Badly needed?

    Otis
    ----

    I was looking for an email thread posted yesterday, "Append value to a
    cell", and this morning its not in the index. Perhaps the indexer
    hasn't run in between?

    Sorry for the question. Its your fault for providing us a service
    we've since come to depend on.

    St.Ack
  • Stack at Apr 15, 2011 at 4:11 am