The HBase team is pleased to announce the first release candidate for HBase
0.90.1, available for download at the following URL:
http://people.apache.org/~todd/hbase-0.90.1.rc0/

The following is the md5sum:
27ad96a62966ed217fb6600fa92e2ab4 hbase-0.90.1.tar.gz
and it corresponds to the 0.90.1RC0 tag at r1069174.

<http://people.apache.org/~todd/hbase-0.90.1.rc0/>HBase 0.90.1 is a minor
release containing important bug fixes and low-risk improvements since HBase
0.90.0. The following is a complete list of tickets resolved for this minor
release:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12315548

As a minor release, no migration procedures are necessary to upgrade from
0.90.0. Additionally, no public facing APIs should differ in any way. If you
are upgrading from a previous major release, some caveats may apply - please
see the relevant documentation for details. All users of 0.90.0 are advised
to upgrade at their earliest convenience.

Please vote by Sunday 2/13 whether we should release this artifact as HBase
0.90.1. PMC votes are binding, non-PMC votes are as always very much
appreciated!

Thanks
The HBase Team

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera

Search Discussions

  • Ted Yu at Feb 10, 2011 at 5:53 pm
    Given 0.90.0 RC3 installation, apart from replacing hbase-0.90.0.jar with
    hbase-0.90.1.jar, what else do I need to upgrade ?

    Thanks
[...]

  • Stack at Feb 10, 2011 at 6:10 pm
    Thats probably enough Ted. The 0.90.1 hbase-default.xml has an extra
    config. to enable the experimental HBASE-3455 feature but you can copy
    that over if you want to try playing with it (it defaults off so you'd
    copy over the config. if you wanted to set it to true).

    St.Ack
  • Stack at Feb 10, 2011 at 10:14 pm
    +1

    I downloaded tarball. Ran it locally. Checked the doc. Looks fine.

    I then put it up on our little cluster with default settings and
    loaded 100M rows. I ran my test on the version of branch-0.20-append
    that ships with 0.90.1RC0 (I noticed that the tip of
    branch--0.20-append has moved on; its RPC version is now 43 where we
    ship with version 42; I don't think this an RC sinker). I did a
    read/write workload. I used ted dunnings' YCSB fork which can pull
    hbase from maven: https://github.com/tdunning/YCSB (I'd loaded the
    0.90.1RC0 up into apache snapshot repo under
    https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/hbase/hbase/0.90.1-SNAPSHOT/
    -- its 0.90.1-20110210.191910-3).

    I ran rowcounter MR job to verify MR works.

    St.Ack

[...]

  • Ted Dunning at Feb 10, 2011 at 10:25 pm
    Thanks for the plug.

    Did you use the VerifyingWordload?

    Any problems?