Dear developers,

I am a PhD student at UFMG, Brazil and as part of my research I am
making a study about the relevance of the warnings reported by the
FindBugs bug finding tool.

Since I am planning to use HBase as a subject system in my research,
I would like to know if HBase's developers usually run FindBugs as

part of the system development process.

Thanks in advance,

Cesar Couto

Search Discussions

  • Stack at Jan 24, 2011 at 5:21 pm
    Hello César:

    We do not run findbugs as part of our build. We probably should but
    my sense is that no one would look at the reports (smile). Also our
    build runs too long as it is -- being 90minutes or so.

    Enabling findbugs should be easy since we are mavenized.

    We'd welcome patches/discussion of findbugs warnings.

    Thanks for looking into this,
    St.Ack

    --
    http://www.decom.cefetmg.br/cesar